This plant, also known as Barbados aloe, is among the most used in the cosmetic industry, thanks to the many benefits it can bring to the body.The Egyptians called it the plant of immortality and the Amerindian people the magic wand of heaven. This wonderful plant offers a very wide range of amazing healing properties – some of which you probably already know.
It has astringent, antibacterial and moisturizing properties that, when applied to the skin, it promotes the regeneration of the skin and keeps it young by resting the effects of time and its imperfections.
It is also one of the best natural healing agents, highly recommended to treat sunburn and other lesions that damage the natural structure of the skin and that turn into premature aging.
A large part of the plant is composed of water, but it also provides a good intake of vitamins A, C and E, whose antioxidant action inhibits and combats oxidative damage.
That’s why this plant is the basic ingredient of many pharmacy treatments that use its benefits for aesthetic purposes.
Below we will give you the recipe for homemade aloe vera gel, as well as the best uses and applications you can make of it.
Preparation of the homemade aloe vera gel:
The preparation of this gel is very easy and above all, very useful. It is better to do it yourself, in a biological way, in respect of the environment and especially to escape the chemical preservatives.
Ingredients to use
- 3 leaves of aloe vera.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (10 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil (10 g)
Instructions for making the gel
- To begin, 5 days before preparing the freeze, water the plant daily so that it is at its maximum potential at the time of cutting.
- Once the past five days, cut three leaves.
- After that, remove the spines from the sides and put them in a container filled with water for at least 24 hours. Change the water every three or four hours, so that all the leaves reject this ingredient known as aloin, which can be toxic.
- After 24 hours, remove the water to extract the pulp and continue the preparation of the gel.
- Take a knife and open each leaf on one side.
- After that, using a wooden spoon or spatula, extract all the gel and leave it in a container.
- Add lemon juice and wheat germ oil to boost their properties with their vitamin E and antioxidant benefits.
- When everything is ready, beat well in the medium-high jar until it becomes a thick cream with white tones. You can do it with a drummer, or a mixer.
- To finish the preparation, put the gel in an airtight glass container and keep it in the fridge so that it lasts as long as possible.
See also: 18 incredible uses of Aloe Vera
How to apply it
- Whatever the ultimate goal for which you will use it, you must take only the necessary dose and spread it on the place to be treated.
- It is strongly recommended to redo this application three times a week to see a difference quickly.
What are the uses you can do with this homemade aloe vera gel?
The great advantage of this natural product is that it can be used every day with its multiple skin care applications;
Its nutritional properties are unique and the cutaneous use of aloe vera does not cause any negative effects.
This preparation can be used to:
- To cleanse your skin, moisturize and regenerate it.
- To finish with clogged pores.
- Prevent various degrees of acne.
- Calm irritation and inflammation.
- Alleviate stains, scars and blisters.
- To prevent the formation of pimples and blackheads.
- Reduce the negative impact of the sun’s rays.
- To relieve burns.
- Prevent and mitigate streaks
- Control the itching and flaking associated with seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Prevent and reduce premature aging.
- Tonify and firm your skin.
- Decrease the bacteria.
- For your feet, treat the dryness and crevices at the heels.
As you can see, making a homemade natural aloe vera gel is not very difficult and can be very useful for the care and beauty of your skin.
Now that you know the recipe for this gel and its many uses, you can now use it as one of your best allies to stay radiant!