Sugar and carbohydrates are not a “poison” but are one of the biggest causes of weight gain. Small amounts of these foods will not hurt you, but larger amounts can hurt you. However, these substances are foods that are consumed in large quantities daily and most people love: pastries, wrapped candies, white bread, rolls, donuts, cereals, soft drinks, potatoes, crackers, etc.
Why are they bad?
– They are poorly saturated because they contain practically no fibers or other useful substances.
– They are very poor in vitamins and high in calories.
– They cause peaks of sugar in the blood, excessive secretion of insulin and can lead to an alteration of the effectiveness of insulin (insulin is a hormone that stores carbohydrates in fat)
– The food full of sugar is highly addictive.
If you want to see how addictive sugar is, move a child’s sweets away and watch his reaction. He cries, shouts, begs, even becomes hysterical; these are the symptoms of a certain dependence. Almost no child will behave this way if you remove beans or broccoli.
2. Eat protein, fresh and natural foods, like fruits and vegetables
Many nutritionists do not recommend fruit because of the sugar they contain, but this does not make sense for several reasons.
First, people have been eating fruits forever. It is an integral and natural part of our diet.
Secondly, fruits contain many vitamins, minerals and other irreplaceable substances and thirdly, they are full of fiber and are therefore much more saturated than some artificial sweet foods, the benefits of fruits for health are more numerous than the disadvantages.
Lose weight simply: Stock Illustration
– 1 peach = 60 calories (4 times less calories than 50 g of a chocolate bar)
– 328 grams of kiwi = 200 calories (a 41 gram Snickers chocolate bar = 200 calories)
– It is advisable to avoid dried fruits because they contain much more sugar and less fiber.
– For fresh fruits, the best choices are plums, peaches, oranges, apples or strawberries.
– Fruits fill your stomach with very few calories. Vegetables are even better because they bring even more satiety.
– For a protein intake, it is recommended to consume beef, chicken, fish, seafood and eggs or even better vegetables rich in protein See: 17 foods that contain the most protein outside the meat
– Protein is the macronutrient that contributes the most to the feeling of satiety and therefore the friend of anyone who wants to lose weight.
– The lowest fat vegetables are broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, Brussels sprouts, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, and celery.
3. Play sports 3 to 4 times a week
With this plan, the practice of sport is not mandatory, but strongly recommended because it is a source of benefits and more for your health. If you do not have enough willpower to sign up and go to a gym, you can go cycling or brisk walking. Walk to the store, school, work, if you’re not too far away. If you make a habit of walking, you will burn an average of 200 to 300 calories a day.
Lose weight simply: Make an “off” day (optional)
The most convenient way is to do it on Saturdays or Sundays. During this day, eat ice cream, chocolate, whatever you want, indulge yourself, but it must be just a day. The rest of the week, these foods will have to be banished again ..
Here are some additional tips to help you lose weight
– Use smaller plates: Studies show that people eat less when they use smaller plates because they act unconsciously.
– Sleep well: lack of sleep is associated with increased appetite and weight gain.
– Reduce stress: Constant stress increases the level of a hormone called cortisol. This hormone can cause fat accumulation in the abdomen.
If you follow this plan with discipline, you can lose 1 to 2 pounds per week depending on your weight.
It will be harder to lose the last few pounds, approaching your ideal weight, but do not be discouraged. In addition to losing weight, you can expect to improve your overall health and reduce blood sugar, triglycerides, cholesterol and blood pressure, that benefits!