Tartar is the yellow or brown mineral deposit on the teeth, which can lead to periodontitis especially if it increases and without shrinkage, it can settle on the entire surface of the teeth. Tartar is normally clear as it can be colored by the consumption of products like tea, coffee or tobacco, and achieve dark brown hues. This kind of coloring can be observed at the caries level.
- Brushing quality ; the better the dental plaque is removed, the less tartar may form;
- Saliva : according to the variations of ph, the buffering capacity …
- Exogenous factors : tobacco or certain drugs induce a decrease or a suppression of the salivary flow and therefore an increased risk of development of bacterial plaque and therefore tartar.
To remove tartar buildup at home, there are several treatment options:
- Baking Soda and Salt : The most effective tool for getting rid of tartar is baking soda. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with ½ teaspoon of salt in a cup. Then rinse the toothbrush with warm water and put it in the mixture then brush your teeth and spit. The whole process should last five minutes
- Toothbrush : a soft toothbrush and a toothpaste without fluoride and it is advisable to complete the brushing by passing the dental floss
- Dental floss : is strongly recommended to remove the plaque between the teeth, the calculus easily developing in tight spaces.
The amount of tartar builds up if you do not remove it, it can cause periodontitis.
- – Baking soda
- – Cure-dent
- – Hydrogen peroxide
- – Water
- – Toothbrush
- – A cup
- – Antiseptic mouthwash
The most common and effective tool for removing dental calculus is baking soda.
Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with ½ teaspoon of salt in a cup. Then rinse the toothbrush with warm water, and dip it in the mixture. Brush your teeth and spit. The entire process should take five minutes.
Mix one cup of hydrogen peroxide with ½ cup of hot water, rinse your mouth with it for a minute and spit, rinse with ½ cup of cold water.
Use a toothpick to rub the yellow tartar teeth. Be careful not to scratch your gums so as not to irritate and damage them.
Use an antiseptic mouthwash every other day to rinse your mouth.
Here are some more tips for having a beautiful, bright smile:
Strawberries and tomatoes
Because they are rich in vitamin C, they are perfect for maintaining oral health. They can be rubbed directly on your teeth and should be left for 5 minutes. In this way, the tartar will become softer.
Then rinse your mouth with a mixture prepared from baking soda and warm water. On the other hand, you can apply the same procedure with other foods rich in vitamin C, such as peppers, lemons, papaya, oranges or lime.
Eating Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese before meals helps to neutralize the acids that cause tartar. Old cheese contains elements that act as a defender.