If in its newsletter you find the following remarks: “Do not hold in place”, “turbulent”, “poorly manages his emotions”, “disturbs his comrades” or the opposite: “distracted”, “shy”, ” in the moon “,” head in the air “,” can not manage to concentrate “, look in his plate, you will find elements of answer. A study of children proves that food additives are harmful to their health, especially their behavior.
Dr. Jekyll & Mister Hyde
In 1941 a scary film was released on the screens: Dr. Jeckyll and Mister Hide, a filmographic adaptation of a short story written sixty years earlier by Robert Louis Stevenson. Today, we would laugh. But at the time, she marked many sensitive souls. And my mother was part of it. And yet she saw it thirty years later, in the seventies.
This film tells the story of a doctor (Dr. Jekyll) who, because of a beverage of his invention, turns into a monster (Mister Hide) of an uncontrollable savagery that roams “every night the ill-famed alleys of London, happy to satisfy his violent instincts “1.
When I see the behavior of some children, I can not help thinking about this story.
When I started, for example, to practice in the office, a mother came to consult for the particularly difficult behavior of her daughter. She was four years old, did not hold up, did not listen to anyone, brutalized objects, provoked her mother, returned in phenomenal anger, rolled on the ground screaming at the slightest annoyance, and nothing, absolutely nothing, calmed her . There was such an inner tension, such aggression, that it was impossible to put her in kindergarten. The mistresses gave up.
It seemed as if a spell had been thrown, that the stork was mistaken in delivering the child to a bad address so much the contrast between the mother – soft and calm – and the child was shocking. But the mother, today, was at the end of her limits. She could not manage her daughter anymore.
It was impossible for me to listen to him. I had to fight so she would not leave the room!
Faced with my difficulty in framing it, I called a colleague, with whom we had all made an appointment. I sensed that the session was going to be difficult.
The latter placed herself in the head while I occupied the girl to make her stay on the examination table. She struggled, screamed as if she were being slit, hit me and pulled my shirt so hard that I thought she was going to tear it to me.
We had tested whether the presence of the mother changed something. Nothing. In the end, in the face of our failure, my colleague renewed the appointment, asking to stop any dairy product.
The mother, for the first time, noticed a small change. My colleague found the breach, engulfed in it and helped the mother to free her daughter.
I have rarely encountered such extreme cases, but it was the first time I saw how much a food could drive you crazy. Finally, maybe this dangerous beverage invented by Dr. Jekyll really exists? In fact, it has long been known that milk, gluten and sugar can cause serious neurological disorders in sensitive individuals. It is also said in the report on fasting that Russian doctors saw schizophrenics heal after dietary restrictions. But this does not mean that fasting heals all schizophrenics!
Fortunately, not everyone is sensitive to this point, but these foods are not trivial. When we support them moderately, the signs remain discreet and resemble another table: when the origin, she is emotional.
Internal tension that does not drain
Against a repressed emotion, I have a recipe of hell: an onion. Yes, an onion! It’s crazy, but it works! I found this recipe by chance (see my article on the subject), after analyzing the behavior of a young child who fell from a caddy, whose attitude had changed dramatically after the fall. In fact, he could not cry because he gasped. Clearly, the emotion could not be externalized. Then came the idea of using an onion, because after all, when you cut it, it makes the tears flow. And the results were spectacular.
I spread the recipe to the boisterous children, who are like piles on their legs, wondering if there were not behind unspoken difficult emotions. I imagined them as a flame that is blocked and writhes in all directions to take a path – the least resistant – to escape. In the same way, the child “bubbles” from the inside and does not hold in place. He provokes his comrades and constantly needs to be in motion, which makes socialization difficult and learning perilous.
What was not the surprise to discover that the weekly application of this bulb on the sternum is really a help for some of these children. “Moms” of foster families even use this trick and have results, without knowing the story of the child they welcome.
To take out the harmful emotions is to free oneself from one’s demons. The advantage of this technique is that there is no need to know the emotion behind this agitation.
Yet this recipe has limits: 1) when the emotional trauma is severe and 2) when the cause is elsewhere. In the latter case, the child seems perpetually in the presence of something that disturbs him. It may be a parasitosis (a parasite in the body), but the picture is different: grumpy when he has an empty stomach (and therefore unpleasant to jump from bed), always hungry, with moments of abnormal fatigue.
And then there is another type of agitation: one where the child never stops. It is either a pile or abnormally indented. Icing on the cake, you will always find an anxious background. And that’s where the food trail becomes interesting.
The answer lies in the diet
What we realize is that something seems to disrupt the child’s body. Something irritates her internally and “taps” her system continuously. What happens is that the body is assaulted and this is reflected on his behavior.
I have long accused sugar and refined products, but today, I have a big question because I discover that there is perhaps worse, and that I did not understand the extent: food additives.
Watch this short video, you will see how much they can affect your children.
Parents: It is not against your children that you struggle, but against the pernicious power of chemicals they ingest without your noticing.
What substances should be avoided to combat behavioral disorders, ADHD and hyperactivity?
The association of Sue Dengate – the nutrition detective who leads the reporting experience – is called Food Intolerance Network 2. It is an independent Australian association that brings together more than ten thousand families scattered across Australia, New Zealand, in America and Europe.
This association alerts parents and distributes a leaflet to inform additives to greatly avoid.
These additives are divided into 3 classes:
ADHD and hyperactivity
Most of these additives are either allergenic or neurotoxic, or both. The E280 ( propionic acid ) is, for example, heavily involved in some forms of autism. A documentary is also spent on ARTE June 13, 2012 (the enigma of autism: the bacterial track) and denounces it.
On Sue Dengate’s website, you’ll find a lot of scientific references. Unfortunately, most studies are in English. However it is not very disabling because it is not on the texts that you must have your eyes riveted, but on the behavior of your child. Even if no study proves your observations, trust your own findings.
Finally, you will find a lot of additional information in French on the Food Info 3 website.
The symptoms that must alert
The internal tension of the child can be expressed either outwards or inwards. In the first case, the child will be in opposition, in the second, he will be in withdrawal. But in one case as in the other, one will always note an anxious background.
Here are the signs that need your attention:
Provocative or Oppositional
- loses his temper, quarrels frequently,
- refuses all requests, challenges the rules,
- annoys others, blames others,
- is delicate or is easily bored,
- gets angry and shows resentment.
Inattentive or anxious
- ability to concentrate short, dreamy or lethargic,
- anxious, depressed or panicky,
- grumpy, miserable mood,
Anxious and worried
- irritable, worried, easily misplaced,
- requires attention, easily bored, noisy, makes stupid noises,
- sleep hard or wake up often at night.
- Loss of memory, difficult memory ,
- painful understanding and assimilation.
These signs may be accompanied by physical symptoms. Normal: these substances disturb the cells and therefore have biological repercussions. In children or in the family, there are some telltale symptoms:
- skin disorders: rashes, eczema, dermatitis,
- headaches, migraines, tinnitus,
- digestive disorders: sensitive stomach, colic, reflux, recurrent mouth ulcers, diarrhea (in the baby), bloating, difficulties to go to bowel movements,
- Respiratory disorders: asthma, evening cough, repeated otitis, clogged ears, chronic flu, flies often, etc.
If any of these physical symptoms are present, it is more than likely that your child is affected by what he eats, just as adults can be affected by it!
Why does not everybody react in the same way?
First, it is not so certain. I think that everyone reacts in varying proportions and that we will be accused of many things before arriving on food: education, teachers, classmates, the schoolbag, air pollution , bed, illness, etc.
In fact, the entire population is affected by this food pollution. As a result, the level of global stress increases and the standard of what we consider normal with. Now, a quiet child somewhere is even “abnormal”.
Then we are all unique. We do not all have the same constitution. Everyone has weak points. If someone has more intolerances and / or allergies to the products they ingest, it can become catastrophic.
This is not the case of everyone. But that may be the case for your child. Do not waste time: please inspect the food trail.
Finally, the body accumulates and clogs over the years and loses its resistance. If you carry 50 kilograms on your shoulders, as long as you’re up, that’s fine. But with one knee on the ground, it’s another story: the situation is becoming more complicated. It is a little similar with the accumulation of aggressions of the body: with time, it harms its resistance, especially as some mistakes do not forgive (excess sugar, industrial food, mineral deficiencies, various intoxication, etc.). And there comes a moment, when he does not get up again so easily.
What relationship with the child? will you tell me?
Well, the baby’s body is growing in the womb of the mother. It feeds on its blood and despite the placental filter, it is not free of haematological disorders of the maternal environment in which it evolves. Especially since this little body under construction is like a sponge. He is therefore not immaculate and virgin, but already bears traces of pollution accumulated indirectly by the mother. For example, a mother who is intoxicated with heavy metals is known to poison her child. This is why some are from the outset more fragile and more sensitive than others.
What do these additives do?
What we notice is a certain instability of the mood. Because they assault. The body feels endangered and the behavior is affected. Clearly, something is disturbing, but since there seems to be no reason, the cause and effect link is not made.
If you drink coffee and feel up to scratch in the next half-hour, then you can assume that this unusual inner annoyance comes from coffee.
But if you are not aware of swallowing something that is likely to affect the functioning of your body, then you will not be able to define the cause. Unless, to question precisely some precepts, and especially that we can eat anything without suffering the consequences (
If you believe that the authorities protect your health, this is false
On the other hand, my observations show a surprising thing: there is a very good chance that what you love most is precisely your poison.
In this case, personally, I never advise to delete it, because I assume that the body is not stupid and that if it looks for it, it is rather a reason that I do not know . My recommendations are therefore wrong: what the body claims, seek the best quality in the world .
Finally, you will not be able to go from a low quality product to a high quality product. First because of the taste: it must be reeducated. Then because of the condition of the digestive tract that drives you to always eat the same thing. By changing your eating habits, you will feel that you are missing something. Unless you have a concrete mind, you will have to make a gradual transition.
How to do with children?
Processed products (often filled with additives) damage the taste buds. They invade the mouth and saturate the taste. It will therefore be necessary to rediscover the real flavors of natural foods and it is not won. It is possible to overcome this with the help of spices, but it is not conceivable with children. So how?
- If you are lost in the kitchen, start with compotes for your children. It’s simple and it’s a good way to get your foot in the stirrup and start in the kitchen. And if you are attentive to the excessive production of waste, buy reusable water bottles. In the simple genre: make homemade oven fries. Peel potatoes, cut into chips, mix with a little oil and put in the oven for 45 minutes. A delight !
- Embellish the plates. Draw funny faces. Make landscapes with food. The other day, I made boats with avocado halves, some toothpicks and some paper. It was awesome !
- Make small portions. If you fill his plate, you disgust him in advance. But the goal is not to feed him, but to give him the pleasure of eating. Put a little and let him ask you again.
- Finally, remember that children imitate adults. If you enjoy natural things, they will appreciate it too.
The tip with toddlers is to make the kitchen fun and play a game, to involve children and make the plate appetizing. This supposes that the adult is involved in cooking and puts his hand in the dough.
The easiest way to avoid additives
Prepare your own meals. Remove the kitchen too easy (all done) and keep in mind this rule: VVVC-I
V ivant, V egetal, V aryeh, C omplet and non- I INDUSTRIAL RF
- Vegetal . Your main diet must be vegetable. Fruits, vegetables, cereals, legumes, etc. The more meat you eat (animal) like milk, meat, eggs and fish, the more your body gets dirty and runs out of cleans. This does not mean that you should not eat it! But let your main diet be first vegetable, before being animal.
- Live . That means two things: fresh products with a short shelf life, but also eating them raw. Raw fruits and vegetables do not have their counterparts cooked. In these raw products, there are micronutrients that activate our digestive enzymes, which are essential for digestion. Your basket must contain more fruits and vegetables than anything else. Buy only ripe fruits and vegetables (there is nothing worse than tomatoes picked green and ripe during shipping, besides being bland, poisonous). From these good products, eat raw (alive).
- Varied . If your diet is primarily plant, then you can make exceptions. Without that, life becomes bland.
- Complete . It is in the complete products that there are the most minerals and vitamins. But you have to know how to cook them. It is not the same preparation as the refined products. Start with rice and semi-complete pasta (switching right away to the complete whole is difficult). You will test the full products later, with more time and experience.
- Non-industrial . Refined products, in addition to being insulin bombs, are dead products that must be stuffed with additives to restore the appearance of life. As we have seen above, these additives go against your biology.
These are the basics. But there are still other recommendations:
- Choose “organic” products. They contain little or no doubtful additives (this does not mean that all organic products are good.) There are in fact several levels of quality in the bio.However you will find less junk there than in products that do not are not, it’s a good start).
- Choose the oils according to their use: clarified butter or coconut oil for high temperature cooking (they are stable saturated fats whose structure does not change at high temperature), butter and olive oil for cooking at moderate temperature, and “cold pressed” oils (including olive oil) for seasonings.
- Prefer whole milk, it is paradoxically more digestible. Bio without discussion!
- Avoid all that is greasy at night (milk, butter, cheese, yoghurt). This is an important recommendation that I will detail in another article.
It’s a question of survival
Now you know that additives are not harmless. Some harm our health. You also know from now on that our mood and behavior are psychic translations of reactions happening within our own body. One is irritable when something irritates the body. We are in aggression when fighting against something, to repel the aggressor. Or one folds back on oneself when the body can not face it. It is the feeling of despair, insurmountable wall and discouragement.
Knowing that these additives are able to block the functioning of the cells of the body, there is no doubt that they have nothing to do in our plates. Now, if your health does not worry you, shut your ears, continue to believe ads and stuff yourself with drugs. That way, you can continue to eat as usual. without being disturbed by the symptoms that warn you of the deplorable state of your body.
Let’s be clear: you are a hunter-gatherer. While you walk armed with a credit card and no longer a spear, but make no mistake: your mission is to survive! Unfortunately, our food landscape is like a desert land, and comes down to supermarkets, convenience stores, fast food outlets, restaurant chains, train stations, airports, rest areas, highways and your kitchen.3 Dr. Mark HYMAN, TOO SUGAR
It’s also my philosophy. Our goal for everyone is to survive in a world where temptations for ease and unbridled pleasure of taste are omnipresent, especially as EVERYONE has got caught up in this game. From now on, after reading this article, you will probably have a little hesitation before buying anything. It is here that the real change begins. From your decision in this brief moment, you will be able to radically transform the atmosphere that reigns in your little family.
If you only had to remember one thing from this whole article
Anguish + depressive or temperamental => go see on his plate
Finally, for allergies – which can make the picture surreal – I prepare you a training to show you how I target them and how I correct (I checked by blood test). You will know that there are several origins. That poly-allergies (important number of allergens) do not have the same cause as the trace allergies (few allergens). That there is a mechanical side and another emotional and that it is possible to treat them when we understand the why and how. You will also see that the skin tests are not valid and are not sufficient to determine the allergens. I prepare all that and keep you informed.
Please ask Wladislas BARATH about Conscience & Health for more information.