US users on AskReddit asked 911 emergency operators what were the most unusual calls they had received. Keith Weisinger , who worked at the Police Phone Call Station from 2004 to 2006, tells us about this memorable phone call. This is the story of a woman who called for emergencies saying that she wanted to place an order for delivery. Here is the phone conversation that took place:
– Here 911, where is your emergency?
– At 113 Main Street.
– Okay, what’s going on?
– I would like to order pizza for delivery. (super, another phone hoax)
– You are at 911 Madam.
– Euuuh … I’m sorry, you know you just called 911?
– Okay, ma’am, is everything okay on your side? Do you have an emergency?
– Yes quite.
– Yes that’s right. Do you know if it’s going to be long?
– I have an officer next to where you are. Are there weapons in your house?
– Can you stay on the phone with me? “
– No. Goodbye thanks.
After the woman was hung up, Agent Keith Weisinger traced her call and checked her address history. She found multiple calls for domestic violence . She then sends a police officer on the spot. The latter then discovers a couple, a girl rather amokée and his friend completely drunk. The officer stopped the abusive boyfriend after the girl explained that her boyfriend had been beating her for a while. The victim was very clever to use this subterfuge. Keith Weisinger was very impressed by this phone call, “definitely one of our most memorable calls,” she recalls.