You are probably wondering what color your urine is supposed to be. It is not complicated, it should be light yellow. Not dark yellow, fluo yellow or any other color. It should not be cloudy or have a strong odor (unless you have eaten asparagus). There are nine possible colors of urine, that is two more than a rainbow. Some of them look normal, others are very strange (you have already pissed blue?). Find here information about these colors and causes. Buy Lasix
9 urine colors and their meanings:
It is true, it is not a color, but it remains different from the light yellow color. There can be 2 explanations:
- You drink too much liquids of any kind.
- You have a problem in the liver that is noticeable by viral hepatitis or cirrhosis (nausea, vomiting and fever).
2 DORÉ or DARK YELLOW
You do not drink enough.
3 YELLOW FLUO
There are 4 possible explanations here:
- This is the side effect of a medication that has been prescribed to you
- You have eaten too much oranges or beets or berries or any other food containing dyes.
- A little (too much) too much Cheetos appetizer biscuit for example.
5 urine colors: RED OR PINK
There are 3 possible explanations:
- You have blood in your urine because of a kidney or bladder infection.
- You have eaten too much beets or berries or other foods containing dyes.
- This can also be a side effect of some laxatives.
6 GREEN OR BLUE
It’s two colors for one number, but the causes are the same:
- Side effect of prescribed drugs.
- You have eaten too much green food, especially asparagus, or any other food containing blue or green dyes
- You are showing signs of porphyria, a rare genetic disease.
- You have an inherited condition called familial hypercalcemia.
7 DARK BROWN, COLOR TEA
- Side effect of prescribed drugs
- Liver problem
8 DARK OR TROUBLE
- You have kidney stones. In general it hurts so you notice it before peeing.
- A urinary tract infection
- You have eaten too much asparagus.
Lastly, if you are not sure of having the right urine color, here is a test to check if you are in good health according to your pee. Feel free to print it or save it to your phone to compare after being in the toilet.
Never ignore these 9 urine colors. Consult your doctor to make sure you are not suffering from a serious illness.