- Coconut oil (and all products made from coconut, for that matter). It contains lauric acid, which is incredibly good for the skin and extremely beneficial for hormonal production. In addition, it kills bad bacteria and viruses in the body, is a fast source of energy, is easy to digest, and speeds up metabolism.
- The lawyers. They are rich in healthy fat that helps our body absorb and use nutrients. They are also rich in fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E, B vitamins, and folic acid – all essential for maintaining hormonal balance in the body.
- Raw butter / ghee. They provide a rich source of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K2. These nutrients are key building blocks for hormonal production. Butter provides large amounts of short and medium chain fatty acids, which support immune function, stimulate metabolism and have antimicrobial properties; which means they fight bad bacteria and viruses in the body.
- Egg yolks. They are rich in countless vitamins and minerals including: A, D, E, B2, B6, B9, iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium and choline all of which contribute to a healthy reproductive system, hormonal balance, and healthy skin . Choline and iodine in egg yolks are also crucial for making healthy thyroid hormones.
- Nuts and seeds. Soaked nuts and seeds, olives and olive oil, fermented cod liver oil, hemp oil, linseed oil.
3. Antioxidant rich vegetables to balance your hormones and have glowing skin:
Do not overlook starchy vegetables: sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, cassava, beets, artichokes, butternut squash, and turnips.