Before you give any statistics, let’s keep in mind an important fact … according to a world-renowned nutrition writer Michael Pollan, and his fabulous book called “In Defense of Food”, mankind has always consumed about 80,000 different species of edible plants, animals and mushrooms, and about 3,000 of these foods have been generalized in the human diet.
Currently, the average adult consumes about 67% of their total calorie intake from only 3 foods – corn, soy and wheat (and their derivatives).
How much corn, soy and wheat could be considered reasonably safe in human nutrition? If we rely on 10 thousands of years of history of humanity and on what was the natural diet of our ancestors (knowing that our digestive system is always programmed in this process), this would be the MAXIMUM order of 1% to 5% of our total calories in corn, soy and wheat.
It’s no surprise that we have so many intolerances and allergies, especially with soy and wheat (as well as gluten intolerance) … the human digestive system has simply never been designed to consume these substances in quantities so MASSIVE.
Keep in mind that these high levels of corn, soy, and wheat in our human diet are a relatively new phenomenon in the search for billion dollar profits from the corn, soy and wheat industries. It’s all about money … NOT our health!
3 Foods says “health” That you must stop consuming:
The following are considered as “derived products” of maize, soya beans and wheat
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (SMRF)
- Corn oil
- Soybean oil (hydrogenated or refined)
- Soy protein
- Fine wheat flour
Hundreds of other food additives such as maltodextrin, corn or wheat starch, soy lecithin, mono and diglycerides, etc., etc.
This does not surprise me … considering the amount of soda or other sugary drinks (with SMRF) that some people drink on average every day … It’s LOTS of calories from just a single derivative of corn. Even salad dressings and other salad dressings, ketchup, different breads, and a 100th of other foods contain SMRF!
Also think about the number of processed foods that we have that are fried in soybean or corn oil … and even if the foods are not fried in these oils they are additives to almost all processed foods … the chips , sweets, cakes, salad dressings, tomato sauces, burritos cakes, corn chips, breaded chicken, etc., etc. This is a LOT of calories from these 2 derivatives of corn and wheat … both are EXTREMELY MALISTS!
In addition to that, think of how many breads, cereals, pasta, cakes and other wheat products are highly processed and that most people consume every day. Again this is a TAS of low nutrient calories, unhealthy substances, glycemic stimulators, of which more than half of the population has some degree of intolerance anyway.
It gets even worse!
Not only do we eat 67% of our total caloric intake from corn, soybeans and wheat … but because of the economy involved (especially with cheap corn and soybeans), we also feed on animals. mostly raised with corn, soy and wheat … increasing the amount in our body.
The 2 worst examples of this blatant mismanagement of our food supply are probably the way chickens and farm cows are fed.
Cows are fed mostly maize on the fattening farms even though their digestive system is solely for the purpose of eating grass and other fodder. This makes cows sick, modifying omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids to an unhealthy level, and also decreases the healthy CLA fats that are naturally present in beef cattle raised on pasture. All these problems disappear if our cows are fed what they are supposed to eat – grass!
Our chickens are also fed corn and soybean for the most part and overcrowded in tight enclosures, in appalling conditions … while chickens are destined to wander outdoors and eat a mix of greens, insects, worms, seeds, etc. . When chickens are kept indoors in tight cages and fed only grain, it produces unhealthy meat and less healthy eggs for consumption compared to free-range chickens.
Even salmon and other farmed fish are fed corn and soybeans … again due to the economy. How stupid given that fish are for a diversified diet of small fish, worms, insects, etc. This once again raises the breeding of these unhealthy fish compared to their wild counterparts.
So even when you eat chicken, beef and fish, your body absorbs even more corn, soybeans and wheat … knowing that cows, chickens and farmed fish have consumed most of it.
So it’s actually worse than just 67% is not it!
3 Foods says “health” That you must stop consuming:
Why is it so unhealthy to consume 2/3 of our calories from corn, soy and wheat?
Well, this section could include a whole book, so for short I’ll just give you some random reasons …
- Changes the ratio of omega-6 / omega-3 fatty acids in our diet to 30: 1, when a ratio of 1: 1 to 2: 1 is considered healthy. This imbalance causes massive inflammation in your body, which is a major cause of many diseases, cancer and even weight gain.
- Increases gluten intolerance problems – and related to the excessive consumption of wheat that occurs today, combined with foreign gluten proteins and formed from hybridization of wheat crops.
- Problems of weight gain, fluctuation of blood glucose, as well as a reduction of insulin sensitivity (and gradually to diabetes) due to excessive consumption of corn and wheat flour, as well as corn syrup. Important Note: Wheat starch (yes even the so-called “whole wheat”) is a unique and problematic type of carbohydrate called amylopectin-A. Tests have shown that starch raises your blood glucose level HIGHER than table sugar … causing hormonal imbalances, cravings, prediabetes and weight gain … Ouch!
- Soybeans and corn are the most genetically modified crops (more pesticides and herbicides are used and are usually xenoestrogens, causing disruption of hormones in women, breasts in men, and what may be called ” abdominal stubborn fat “for both sexes).
- Soy products and derivatives contain a dual problem of xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens … again creating a favorable environment for the storage of fats in your body, carcinogenic effects, and even the formation of “breasts” in humans in very serious cases.
And the list could go on and on …
So how can we avoid these huge amounts of corn, soy and wheat in our diet and finally take control of your weight and your health?
The following article will show you the SOLUTION to stop being cheated by the food industry and start taking control to get a slimmer body, a flat stomach and prevent diseases like cancer and diabetes.
Source: 3 Foods says “health” That you must stop consuming (translated from an original article by Mike Geary – Certified Nutritionist and author of the bestseller: The Fat Burning Kitchen)