Cheap and environmentally friendly, white vinegar or alcohol, is an essential product for the maintenance of the home. From the ground to the aerator and faucet jet, it’s a formidable ally for cleaning everything. Moreover, this product can make you a multitude of services, in the bathroom as in the garden.
10 amazing tricks with vinegar that nobody knows
1. To take off the wallpaper
You can also use a spray for the application of the mixture. Leave on for 5 minutes and start scraping. The wallpaper should be easily removed.
2. Give new life to old used brushes
Soak your old used nylon brushes in warm white vinegar for about 30 minutes.
The vinegar will remove the paint and soften the hair. Then wash them in hot soapy water by brushing them to remove the remaining paint.
3. Test the PH of your Sol
Put a handful of soil in a small container and pour a little white vinegar on it.
4. Descale your shower head without any effort
To descale your shower head, pour white vinegar into a plastic bag. Hang the bag around the shower head.
Leave it all night to remove residue and limescale without any effort. It works just as well for a mousseur or a faucet jet
5. Prevent the Paint from Exploding
The acidity of the vinegar cleans and degreases the surface. Thus the paint adheres better and stays longer. This trick also works for concrete.
6. Remove stubborn stickers and labels
A price tag is hard to remove? No problem, take out the white vinegar.
Soak the vinegar label with a sponge and rub.
Repeat the process to delete all the residues. It works just as well for labels as stickers stuck on glass, plastic or wood.
7. Clean your wood furniture
Your wooden coffee table needs a good cleaning stroke? Use a mixture of white vinegar and olive oil to clean thoroughly.
Here’s how to do
1. In a jar, put 1 dose of white vinegar for 3 doses of olive oil.
2. Close tightly and shake before each use.
3. Apply to the wood with a clean cloth or microfiber cloth.
8. Whiten the joints of your tiles
To restore whiteness to your ceramic tile joints, use white vinegar.
Dip a stiff-bristled toothbrush into a glass of vinegar and rub the seal. Goodbye stubborn stains!
9. Dissolve rust
Soak old rusty tools, nuts and bolts in white vinegar for a few days.
Rinse with water and watch the rust disappear.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Take a rusty tool and let them soak in a bath of white vinegar.
2. Let stand at least 1 whole night.
3. Rinse well with water and dry with a cloth for example.
Result the rust has disappeared from the tool! It works for all rusty tools but also nuts and bolts.
This trick also works with Coca-Cola.
10. Protect your hands from building materials
Ingredients in concrete or plaster (and other building materials) can cause painful skin irritation.
If you are used to handling this kind of material, rinse your hands with a mixture of 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water. Do it before washing your hands.